The Best (and Worst) of 2011 in Seattle
It’s been a year of extraordinary changes in our city, from the explosive growth of Seattle’s best new neighborhood to the very green (and very micro) trends of pop-up, plug-in, nano- and repurposed everything.
Never content with last year’s big thing, Seattleites are embracing the new and the next with their trademark stealth fervor. No matter; our crack editorial staff has one finger on the pulse of Seattle’s beating cultural heart (and another finger in the Best Pie of the Year).
And besides the most exciting, we also track the most appalling; this year’s “Worst of” includes sex, drugs, dogs and, of course, coffee (thankfully, not all at the same time).
Peruse our Best of 2011 picks when you click on any of these links:
- Best Food & Drink in 2011
- Best Local Shops
- Best 'Totally Seattle' Moments
- Best Beauty Services
- Best New Local Bands
- Best Local Arts plus, A Look at the Year in Recycled Art
- Best Sports Moments
- Best Kids Stuff
- Best of: Reader's Choice
- Farewells to 37 Notable Seattleites
- Best Thing Ever of the Year...
- And, of course, Worst of 2011, including Seattle's Worst Transportation Fumbles