Pour yourself a Tom Collins and slip into your finest seersucker—we’re playing lawn games. Today’s backyard summer recreation calls for croquet sets, checkerboards and badminton rackets of the rarefied variety, bursting with color and clean lines.
1. A Summer Shop canvas roll-up checkers/backgammon game ($42). Click! Design that Fits, West Seattle, 4540 California Ave. SW; 206.328.9252; clickdesignthatfits.com
2. Navy lacquer domino set ($138). Jonathan Adler, Ravenna, University Village; 206.525.0930; jonathanadler.com
3. Made-in-Kirkland, Scandinavian-inspired lawn game Palikka ($39.50), available at palikkagame.com
4. Izola’s Par Avion paddle ball set ($29). Glasswing, Capitol Hill, 1525 Melrose Ave.; 206.641.7646; glasswingshop.com
5. Solur four-piece badminton racket set ($19.99, no net included). Ikea, Renton, 601 SW 41st St.; 888.888.4532; ikea.com
6. Mango wood and mahogany English-style croquet set ($169). Pottery Barn, available online only at potterybarn.com
7. King’s Game (pictured above, $172) from Seattle-based Fruitsuper Design, available at fruitsuperdesign.com