Gray Weather Survival Guide
· There’s more room in the fridge, since the porch works fine for cooling that six-pack of beer.
· You can get close enough to touch the vegetables at the Pike Place Market.
· The fashion police are willing to overlook the excessive use of fleece.
· You can forgo lathering up arms and legs with sunscreen.
· The line at Molly Moon’s is short(er).
· Out-of-town guests won’t beg you to go on the Ride the Ducks of Seattle tour (and better yet, they probably won’t visit).
· It’s easy to hide those holiday pounds under big, bulky sweaters.
· There are fewer cyclists to dodge on the streets.
· You can easily claim a fire pit at Alki Beach and Golden Gardens.
· The lawn doesn’t need water or mowing.
· Now you have an excuse to wear your yellow rain boots.
· The Mariners can’t possibly lose.
· There’s less highway construction on I-5 (and other roads).
· It’s OK to zone out on an antihistamine buzz.
· You won’t be hit by a Frisbee on your walk through the park.
· There’s actually room to run on the path around Green Lake.
· You can get the gloomy atmosphere of a really good mystery novel without actually having to read one.
· Smells (body odor and otherwise) are less noticeable when it’s cold