Bringing you essential news on restaurants, shopping, arts and other cultural happenings in Seattle. Subscribe to our newsletters, The Must List or Restaurant Insider, for weekly updates.
Fashion First: Tonight!
This is it folks: the day the 2009 Seamless in Seattle winning designers debut their collections on the runway at Fashion First. As the behind the scenes gal of Seamless, I’ve come to know the eight designers very well over the last six months through photo shoots and interviews, and I’m fighting a bit of a proud mother hen complex today, but you can trust me: you won’t be disappointed with the new looks they debut during the set. From schoolgirl chic to stunning evening wear, we weren’t kidding when we called them the future faces of fashion in our September issue. Keep your eyes peeled for:
- Innovative, fun snowboard gear for the mountain from Kolt Putnam
- Flirty dresses in bright hues from Jesica Milton
- Innovative, gravity-defying show-stoppers from Renee Corrick
- Chic, everyday wear we all want to own from Becky Sullivan
- One heckuva great coat for fall from Tanya Min Jee
- A sequin masterpiece by Beki Wilson
- Cocktail attire with a twist by Jason Arrington
Also tonight, our bridal gown designer, Amanda Vernell, who will appear in the next Seattle Bride, will showcase one of her reconstructed wedding gowns made from vintage dresses.
Tickets are going fast, but you can still snag them by calling 206.979.2771