Bringing you essential news on restaurants, shopping, arts and other cultural happenings in Seattle. Subscribe to our newsletters, The Must List or Restaurant Insider, for weekly updates.
Eyes Peeled: Thaw Fashion Show
I was trying to write this month’s shopping column this morning, but I admit, I am way too hyped about tonight’s Thaw Fashion Show to focus (plus I’ve had three shots of espresso). For fashionistas headed to SoDo tonight, I’ve noted six things you just can’t miss—and for the fashion savvy who won’t make it, we will be cluing you via @Seattlemag and @kcalamusa on Twitter:
1. The Thaw Shop: We just adore the Thaw Shop concept. Forget nail-biting bidding: all the locally designed goods are for sale so if you want it, you claim instant victory. You will have to fight me for this bag though.
2. Our featured May designer, Julie Berard of Muratori will have one of her gorgeous leather handbags for sale in the shop- plus models will carry her new Fall/Winter collection down the runway. Read all about her eco-friendly, yet luxe bags here.
3. Paul Frank (yep, that Paul Frank) custom designed a one-of-a-kind bag specifically for the live auction. (Note, always impeccable!)
4. Color palette: I have it on good authority (as in, the photos of the Seamless Thaw garments in my inbox) that the “it” colors for the runway are gray and yellow.
5. Whatever you do, do not take your bathroom break during Michael Cepress’ set. You will be very upset with yourself if you miss it.
6. The cause: In addition to being a killer party, Thaw is really all about creating awareness and funds for the fight against Huntington’s Disease, learn more about it here. (And bring a hankie for the always moving documentary shown before the runway show.)
See you tonight; fittingly, I’ll be in yellow.