We’re playing with numbers this week on Fashion Friday, it’s like good ol’ Sesame Street says: ‘The number of the day is 5.’ As in five, exciting, fun tidbits for share with you this week:
1. The ice and snow held off long enough Tuesday (not spring yet apparently, harrumph) for me to bop up to the Built for Man show at the Ferrari & Maserati dealership (perhaps the manliest fashion setting ever), appropriate to the studly, innovative attire on the runway. Combining cowl-neck scarves with gorgeous alpaca hair coats and innovative unkus (think early man’s winter cape, you know, if early man was incredibly stylish), the show was only overshadowed by the big news: Designer Francisco Hernandez has opened a showroom space near Seattle University (509 13th Ave), a place see, touch, feel and buy designs like the ones below.
Built for Man photos courtesy of Christine Buffalow
2. I called Queen Anne home for nearly 7 years, and I still mourn the loss of beloved Bouncing Wall along upper Queen Anne Ave. I experienced the high of seeing Hilltop Yarn move in, and then the sadness of their closure. I can barely contain myself: a new sign has gone up in the vacant space, announcing the new gift shop Charley + May. Look for an early spring opening, I’m waiting on pins and needles.
3. One last bit of shop news: Those of you who loved affordable little Finch & Sparrow (I sure did) can breathe easier: though the Fremont shop has shuttered its physical doors, the concept lives on a new shopping site: finchandsparrow.com
4. Issaquah-based designer Lizzie Parker is known for easy, comfortable organic day wear, from wrap dresses to cozy tops; fashion correspondent Joan Kelly stopped by this week to get the scoop on her new spring collection and brand-new online shopping site. See the video here:
5. And I don’t know about you, but a glass (or two) of wine sounds like the perfect way to cap off a wild and wooly weather week. Keep your glass straight with Ballard-based Clinks charming neighborhood or Puget Sound wine charms. I call the Fremont Troll!