Submit Your Event for Consideration in our Annual Charitable Events Guide
Want to see your charitable event in the pages of Seattle magazine's annual Charitable Events Guide (CEG)? The 2014 guide, our 11th edition, will be published in February 2014. Designed as a calendar for our generous community of donors to plan their charitable giving, the Charitable Events Guide is the ultimate philanthropist’s datebook.
If your Seattle or Eastside organization is interested in being included, please click on this link to provide us with the important details of your event. Please provide the requested information before Friday, November 8 to be considered for publication in the guide.
With hundreds of worthy organizations out there, deciding which events to include comes down to the following criteria:
• The CEG is events-driven rather than campaign oriented.
• Priority is given to people in Washington state and the Puget Sound region (rather than for events in support of programs in other regions of the US and the world).
• Events are for non-profit groups in support of the arts, culture, social services, health care, civic causes, education, the environment and the community.
• We don't include fundraising events in support of specific religious doctrine or missions, but may include fundraising events for social service organizations managed by religious groups (i.e., housing services) when services are made available to those in need without regard to their religious preferences.
• Events included are significant fundraising events for an organization (with ticket prices in the $100+ range and fundraising goals of $100,000 or more). Significant events which technically are free, but where donations are expected, may also be included.
• We may include events for school associations and foundations that provide financial support to multiple schools (such as the Bellevue Schools Foundation) but don't have room to list all the fundraisers for individual schools (i.e., Bellevue High School).