The sun is here to stay – so be rid of hot and heavy desserts, and welcome light and colorful ingredients. Entertaining expert, former chef and food blogger Heather Christo, known for her allergen-free creations, puts a delicious twist on a summer staple with her peach coconut almond cobbler. Your taste buds will surely thank you for this juicy combination of flavors.
Recipe: Peach Coconut Almond Cobbler
- 8 cups peaches, sliced
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×13” pan, add all of the sliced peaches.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the flour, almond meal, sugar, coconut and salt and pulse together.
- Pulse the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut cream and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Clump the cobbler topping together with your fingers and gently top the peaches with it. Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cobbler.
- Bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for 60 minutes until the peaches are bubbling and the cobbler is golden.