Recipes for Seattlemag.com's Recipe of the Week are contributed by participating chefs, cookbook authors and food bloggers.
Name of Recipe: Whiskey Maple Bacon Frosting
Source of Recipe: Cupcake Royale
Why We Love This Recipe: It combines all the things we love sweet maple syrup, strong whiskey boozyness and salty crisp bacon. It's like a breakfast for champions!
Whiskey Maple Bacon Frosting
• 1 Pound and 4 Tbs of butter
• ½ Tsp Salt
• 6 Tbs Whiskey
• 2 Tbs Maple extract
• 4 ½ C Powdered Sugar
1. Place butter and salt in mixer and beat until smooth, scraping the bowl once half way through.
2. On speed 1, add half of the powdered sugar and mix. Scrape bowl.
3. Add half the liquid and mix again. Scrape the bowl once more.
4. Repeat with remainder of powdered sugar and liquid.
5. Scrape bowl and give one last mix (on speed one) to be sure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. Bacon lover? Chop up some crispy bacon and sprinkle it on top of your whiskey maple buttercream for the perfect sweet and savory dessert. Makes 2 Quarts Frosting. Enough to frost 48 cupcakes.
Copyright Cupcake Royale Bakeshop