Attention Sammamish readers: You can now get The Cookie a whole lot closer to home.
On Wednesday, Metropolitan Market is opening its seventh location at 301 228th Ave. SE, Sammamish. The 24-hour grocery store will feature all the chain’s signature grab-and-go items as well, from poke and salad fixings to rotisserie chickens and family-sized side dishes, plus a new made-to-order station serving up Asian-inspired noodles. There’s also that first-rate bakery and coffee shop.
But despite the fact that you could easily dine from Met Market’s ready-to-eat section for weeks, we mustn’t forget that first and foremost, this is a grocery store. Where people go to buy groceries. To cook something tasty for themselves at home.
And for that, here’s a Met Market recipe to use as a starter for your next dinner party or a light dinner with a salad:
Crispy Prosciutto Bruschetta
1 package (4 oz) MM Prosciutto or Speck
6 Tbsp MM Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp roughly chopped or torn fresh herbs: mint, basil, parsley or arugula
2 Tbsp MM Balsamic Vinegar
1 ball MM fresh hand-stretched Mozzarella
½ package MM Crostini
Herbs for garnish
1. Cut prosciutto into 1-inch strips.
2. Add 4 Tbsp olive oil and prosciutto to skillet. Place skillet over med-high heat. Stir and cook until prosciutto iscrispy. Remove from heat. Spread prosciutto on a papertowel to drain.
3. In a bowl, combine crispy prosciutto, chopped herbs, 2Tbsp olive oil, and 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar; stir gently.
4. Cut fresh mozzarella into ½-inch slices – about 10-12 slices.
5. Just before serving, arrange the mozzarella slices on crostini.
6. Spoon prosciutto mixture on cheese. Garnish with mint orbasil, as desired.
7. Serve at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.