Sponsored by Glow Medispa
Now that summer has officially passed, some of us might still be struggling to reach that beach body goal. If you are displeased with the appearance of stubborn fat that won’t respond to diet and exercise, you are not alone. Luckily, with advances in technology and cosmetic treatments, minimally and non-invasive fat removal procedures have come a long way. However, with various versions of treatments and technologies, it can be difficult to choose the procedure that best suits you as an individual.
The revolutionary Emsculpt treatment is one of the latest advances in non-invasive body contouring treatments that can help you achieve the silhouette you desire. How does it compare to Coolsculpting, the well-known non-invasive body contouring treatment that has name recognition in this space? Read more to determine how each of these advanced systems compare.
CoolSculpting® is an FDA-approved and widely popular fat reduction treatment. It is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes the power of controlled freezing of the fat cells. Procedures are performed through the use of specialized suction-based handpieces that deliver the cooling energy to the targeted areas of fat. Once frozen, the destroyed cells are then naturally filtered from the body. Since 2010 when it was FDA-approved, CoolSculpting has become the most widely known of the Fat Reduction devices. Since that time, however, there have been several excellent body sculpting devices that not only kill fat but also tighten skin, which is a limitation of the original Coolsculpting® concept.
EMSCULPT® was FDA-approved in 2018 after 7 published studies showed its efficacy in body sculpting of the abdomen and buttocks. Emsculpt is able to build muscle at the same time as burn fat. This advanced system utilizes the power of High Intensity, Focused Electromagnetic energy to burn stubborn fat cells, as well as create muscle contractions. These enhanced contractions induce muscle work that far surpasses the amount produced during strenuous exercise, and works to promote growth of muscle mass. Different from CoolSculpting - which only targets fat cells - with revolutionary EMSCULPT treatments, you can not only eliminate fat, but also achieve muscle definition without the need for downtime, or endless hours spent in the gym. The EMSCULPT system can help you remove unwanted fat, as well as add tone and muscle defenition, minus all of those sweaty hours spent at the gym.
How do EMSCULPT and CoolSculpting Compare?
- Both treatments are FDA-approved for body contouring and eliminating fat, are non-invasive and do not require any downtime following treatments.
- Emsculpt is also FDA-approved for building muscle, helping you achieve a more ripped and muscular appearance, while also removing fat.
- Emsculpt is the only FDA-approved device for non-surgical butt lift.
- Coolsculpting treatments are limited to fat that is mobile enough to be vacuumed into the applicator cups. Adjacent, non-mobile fat may not be treatable.
- One session treatment time for Coolsculpting is 1 hour, and for Emsculpt is 30 minutes.
- Results have also been shown to be quicker with Emsculpt (1 month) than with Coolsculpting (4-6 months)
Contact Glow Medispa today and schedule your consultation to learn more about these revolutionary treatments. Dr. Dee and her team proudly serve the Seattle-area with multiple locations.